The winners were announced at a gala dinner in London
The winners of the 2017 Motor Boat Awards were announced in London during the London Boat Show.
An audience of over 250 international guests saw the 2017 Motor Boat Awards presented to winning boats in eight categories ranging from sportsboats and RIBs to 100ft-plus custom yachts. A further four boats were highly commended by the judges.
The awards presentation was hosted by MBY’s editor, Hugo Andreae, and deputy editor Jack Haines. A panel of marine journalists were responsible for sea-trialling 47 finalists before selecting the winning craft. The international nature of the event was reflected with winners from Scandinavia, Netherlands, Italy and the UK.
This year’s winners are:
- Sportsboats and RIBs – Axopar 37 (Finland)
- Sportscruisers up to 45ft – Marex 310 (Norway)
- Sportscruisers over 45ft – Princess V58 (UK)
- Wheelhouse & Cockpit Cruisers – Boarnstream Elegance 1300 (Netherlands)
- Passagemakers – Azimut Magellano 66 (Italy)
- Flybridges up to 55ft – Sunseeker Manhattan 52 (UK)
- Flybridges over 55ft – Princess 75 Motor Yacht (UK)
- Custom Yachts – Riva 76 Perseo (Italy)
- Outstanding Service Award, sponsored by Lombard – Landau UK (UK)
For the first time this year, the Judges’ Special Award went to an entire category of people – the 28,000 volunteers from the UK’s Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) who deliver a world-class emergency service with no cost to the end-user or the taxpayer.