If your goals are to feel healthier and happier then try a tip below:
- Take a walk after every meal, it reduces blood glucose and improves your overall metabolic response helping to prevent fat storage.
- Do a minimum set of 40 squats every day. Body weight will do.
- Include a plyometric exercise every week – burpees , box jumps, skipping.
- Eat fresh vegetables with every meal.
- Do something nice for someone else every day. It’s amazing how karma works – how do you feel when someone does something nice for you?
- Start or end your day with 10 minutes of deep breathing. Arnold Schwarzenegger practice CEO this and even noticed benefits long after he had finished this practice.
- Dance, sing or learn an instrument.
- Try to get some more sleep and see how you feel. Don t underestimate sleep on exercise performance, mental clarity or enhanced body composition
- Try to include weekly push (pushups ) and pull ( pull ups or rows) in your exercise protocol.
- Carry something heavy on a daily basis.
- Stand more and sit less.
- Count the number of steps you do daily – try to exceed 10, 000
- Have more fun. Laugh, smile and joke with your co workers don t take life too seriously and notice how this playful attitude makes you feel happier and makes the day better.
- Appreciate nature try to take a few minutes every day taking your surroundings in as an observer.
- Have a cold shower or swim for a minimum of 5 minutes .
- Use your brain e.g. Learn a language , do puzzles or quizzes or take up a course.
- Try throwing a sprint in on a weekly basis. A 100 meter dash across the beach or dock.
- Try to avoid computer work at least 2 hours before bed.
- Limit your cell phone time and try to be more present both with the people who surround you and what you are doing.
- Take on a challenge.
- Macadamia nuts are one of the best, as they have the highest beneficial fat and lowest protein and carb content of any nut
- Pecans and Brazil nuts are also high in healthy fat and low in protein, while providing abundant antioxidants and minerals. Brazil nuts are also high in Zinc
- Almonds and pistachios contain beneficial antioxidants, fats, vitamins, and minerals as well, but should be eaten in moderation due to their high protein content
- Nuts are prone to mould so are really best soaked and kept a n the fridge
- Despite being yummy -commercially roasted nuts are not all that great and are often coated in artificial bad oils and preservatives. Also the roasting destroys their delicate oils.
- Buy nuts raw and in their shells where possible.
One-quarter cup of walnuts provides more than 100 percent of the daily-recommended value of anti-inflammatory plant-based omega-3 fats, along with high amounts of copper, manganese, molybdenum, and biotin
Pistachios are high in lutein, beta-carotene, and gamma-tocopherol (vitamin E) compared to other nuts. Eating one or two servings of pistachios a day has been shown, in fact, to increase blood levels of antioxidants and, in turn, lower oxidized LDL cholesterol in people with elevated levels.7 they also are good for the gut biome.
JOIN US FOR BOOTCAMP TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS 17.30 STP!
FOR HEALTH ADVICE, DNA NUTRITIONAL AND EXERCISE TESTING AND PROGRAMS, PERSONAL AND GROUP TRAINING DROP ME A LINE. REGULAR EXERCISE SESSIONS AND WEIGHTLOSS PLANS WAITING FOR YOU IN MALLORCA! Www.katiehandyside.com