18/06/2019
Alexseal Yacht Coatings
Far Sounder
Viking Crew
Pharmacy Progrés
Digital Cinema
Viking Maritime
UKSA
Breaking News
Home > Daily News > Spanish Recreational Craft Market Posts Best Q1 Results In 3 Years
Sotogrande Marina Andalucia Spain

Spanish Recreational Craft Market Posts Best Q1 Results In 3 Years

Boat registrations up to 52ft make significant gains

Spain’s National Association of Nautical Companies (ANEN) has announced the country’s recreational craft registrations increased by 14.3% year-on-year to 975 craft in the first quarter of 2019. This marked the best first quarter data in three years, the Madrid-based association said in a statement.

From January to March 2019, some 81% of the registrations were made for craft intended for private use, while the remaining 19% were for vessels that are to be rented to seafarers, according to figures obtained by ANEN. This translated into 790 and 185 craft, respectively.

Craft with a length of between 8m-12m (26ft-39 ft) posted the best growth dynamic among the market’s segments, with registrations expanding to 106 craft, up 125.5% compared with the same period last year. Within the segment of craft up to 6m (20ft), registrations rose by 8.8% to 629 craft. Registrations of craft of between 6m-8m (20ft-26ft) rose by 4.5%. Within the segment of 12m-16m (39ft-52ft), registrations expanded by 19.4%. However, registrations of craft with a length of more than 16 metres (52ft) were down 21.4% year-on-year.

In the first quarter of this year, Andalusia, the Balearic Islands, and Catalonia were the regions responsible for the largest share of the Spanish recreational craft market, according to ANEN.

Source: https://www.ibinews.com/market-intelligence/spanish-recreational-craft-market-posts-best-q1-results-in-three-years/33901.article