As the situation concerning the corona virus COVID-19 evolves, we would like to inform you that MYBA The Worldwide Yachting Association is monitoring developments very closely and continuously assessing the situation in order to be able to provide informed and responsible guidance on matters that rest within its scope of activities.
In the interests of all parties concerned, and taking into particular consideration our valued Members and participants, MYBA and Marina Port Vell held an in-depth discussion on Tuesday 3 March regarding the way forward for the MYBA Charter Show 2020.
It was agreed that, in the coming weeks, MYBA will be examining all the pertinent elements with Marina Port Vell, which is already in contact on the ground with the Spanish authorities and ready to follow any recommendations received at their end.
An update will be sent at the end of next week (13 March) as we are hopeful that, by that date, we should be in a better position to communicate further on the options open to us. For the sake of clarity, options should not be understood as the final decision as to whether the show proceeds or not.
Today, we are working with the perspective of celebrating the Show as ever, as there are currently no limitations or specific recommendation from the Spanish Authorities to cancel or postpone this kind of events, as per the press conference given this week by Salvador Illa, Spain’s Health Minister