ALEXA OF LONDON – A beautiful classic 38m sailing yacht which combines a subtle mix of traditional and contemporary interior design. Her stunning interior is light and elegant with a gorgeous skylight in the saloon and cream colored soft furnishings.
Alexa of London is a replica of His Majesty’s Yacht Britannia that belonged to King George V. Britannia joined a fleet of first class cutters that was growing fast as others followed the royal lead. In a highly competitive fleet, Britannia soon set about achieving the race results which would eventually establish her as the most successful racing yacht of all time. King George V’s dying wish was for his beloved yacht to follow him to the grave. On 10 July 1936, after Britannia had been stripped of her spars and fittings, her hull was towed out to St Catherine’s Deep near the Isle of Wight, and she was sunk by HMS Winchester.
- Recently refitted in 2013 and 2017
- 8 guests in 4 cabins. 1 double, 2 convertible twins, 1 twin cabin, all en-suite with showers
- Two spacious “al fresco” dining areas
- Forward sunbathing area for sun lovers.
- Fantastic option for extensive overnight anchoring!
- Fully licensed for Spanish waters
- Based in Puerto Portals, one of Mallorca’s most exclusive marinas, 20 mins drive from Palma international airport
- 46,000€/ high season + 21% Spanish VAT, 30% APA + all other expenses
44,000€/ high season + 21% Spanish VAT, 30% APA+ all other expenses
ROSS MURRAY – BRITISH
Joined Spring 2017
Languages: English, basic Spanish
Ross is no stranger to yachting, with over 24 years’ experience in the industry.
With a keen passion for the outdoors and sailing there is no wonder Ross made this his career. He’s has always enjoyed racing and been competing in various regattas in the Mediterranean, Caribbean and the Sydney Hobart Race. Adding to the practical knowledge he has gained sailing tens of thousands of sea miles – including 17 transatlantic crossings, Ross holds a Master 3000ton MCA Certificate of Competence.
With his wealth of experience, Ross will ensure your stay onboard Alexa is both luxurious and memorable. Ross is married and lives in Mallorca with his wife and two children. He enjoys living an active lifestyle and has an interest in skiing, squash, tennis, and rugby.
Previous yachts: S/Y Clan VIII, S/Y Polar Bear, M/Y Vogue, S/Y Helios, S/Y Athos,
S/Y Destination, Kalikobass II, M/Y Te Manu.
Interview – SPRING 2018
- If you were not a yacht captain?
- I always wanted to be an airline pilot and even did the PPR in my early 20’s before ending up in yachting.
- What is the toughest decision you ever had to make as captain?
- Selecting the right crew and deciding whether to give people the job at the end of trial periods…Very Hard!
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years and What do you think you will you be doing?
- I am a career yachtie so I still see myself working on a yacht as a Captain.
- What is the favourite part of a charter day?
- Sunset! Finding a perfect anchorage where the guests can enjoy a cocktail and watch the sun go down. It is magical.
- How I fell into yachting…
- Sailing has always been a passion of mine since an early age and my sister was working on yachts in the Caribbean so I bought myself a one way ticket to Antigua. Once I had arrived in the Caribbean I took every opportunity I could to sail and race on various yachts until I landed my first deckhands job on “Queen Nefertiti”. This was in 1993 and I have never looked back.