With less than two months to go, the 2018 Cannes Yacht Festival (CYF), now in its 41st edition, is on course to present its usual strong start to the autumn show season in Europe and the US. The CYF, Europe’s largest in-water event, will run from September 11-16 in the two port areas of Cannes.
The CYF will see the world premieres of 100 or more craft, as well as some 600 boats, including 100-plus sailing vessels. The anticipated visitor number is in excess of 50,000.
Following a study of the show layout launched last year, the entire tenders and toys display will move to Port Pierre Canto. This will allow more space for both sailing and motor yachts which, with the growth in the number of craft being exhibited, has put pressure in the Vieux Port. Port Canto as usual will be the base for brokerage yachts from 22m-65m (72ft-213ft).
Following the successful launch of the ‘Luxury Gallery’ situated within the Palais des Festivals, the Cannes Yachting Festival will once again showcase luxury brands outside of yachting. This will include watches, jewellery, fine sprits, fashion and accessories, design, art, high-tech products and services.
The CYF’s Concours d’Elégance competition is also returning for a fourth year, providing a unique spectacle of rare vintage and modern-day boats.
Luxury car brand Maserati has reconfirmed its presence as CYF’s Official Partner for 2018.
The show will include the following world and European premieres:
- Aquila – Aquila 44 world launch
- Arcadia – World debut of A105
- Baglietto – 48 displacement yacht
- Baltic Yachts – Baltic 67 PC launch
- CCN – Fuoriserie 40 launch
- Conrad Yachts – Showing of first C133 model
- Euphoria – Launch of 54 new version
- Ferretti Group – Navetta 42 and Custom Line 38
- Fontaine Pajot – Astrea 42 world debut and new 69 launch
- Invictus Yachts – 320GT world launch
- Jeanneau – Global launch of Sun Odyssey 410
- Mazu Yachts – 52HT world launch
- Nautor Swan – Launch of Swan 78
- Numarine – World launch of 26XP and European debut of 32XP
- Pearl Yachts – Pearl 95 world launch
- Prestige – Global launch of 590 Flybridge
- Princess Yachts – F70, V60, and R35 global debuts plus in-water launches of V50 and S78
- Sessa Yachts – Launch of restyled models Cruiser Line C54 and C68 and Ley Largo KL24 models
- Sirena Yachts – European launch of Sirena 58 three-cabin version
- Southern Wind – SW96 launch
- Sunreef – Sunreef 80 launch
- Sunseeker International – Global launch of Sunseeker 74
By David Robinson